What information do we collect?
First of all, we guarantee to be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect and how we will use your information. Also, we only collect and use individual user details where we have legitimate business reasons, and are legally entitled to do so. (Information on your data privacy rights is available on www.dataprivacy.ie, the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.)
We collect information on our users:
- through use of the website. We may collect IP addresses from visitors to our website (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet). This allows us to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries.
- through registration with gr8events.ie for ticket booking purposes. To register a user for services such as www.gr8events.ie, we need to collect information such as, at a minimum, first name, last name, phone number and an email address.
- Note: If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How do we use the information we collect?
We collect different types of information about our users for these two main reasons:
- To personalise the way our content is presented to you e.g. if you specify that you are interested in theatrical shows and conferences, we will prioritise theatrical productions or meeting venues in the information we show you when you are logged in.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer, including this website. As part of this, we may use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified).
Are there cases where we may use your information to contact you?
We may contact you:
- for administration reasons related to the service to which you have signed up (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance).
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content. You should only receive e-newsletters or anything similar from gr8events.ie. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, by providing tick boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive e-newsletters.
- in response to any contact you have made with us, e.g. on the GR8Events Facebook page, or via the Contact Us facility.
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
- Where GR8Events wishes to use your personal information in any other way, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this document.
Do we protect your personal information?
We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the security technology: we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information; and we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures.
However, this website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Who we share data with?
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes (such as to send communications by e-mail), unless you have given us your permission.
However, we do reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
We may also use service providers to help us run this site or services available on the site. Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, in compliance with data protection legislation.
Legal information and how to contact us
The Data Controller for www.gr8events.ie and services provided through the website is Community Events Ltd, C25, Arklow Business Centre, Kilbride Industrial Estate, Kilbride, Arklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding GR8Events’ use of personal data please contact email@example.com